16 In Lifestyle

How to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone

I’ve always been quite scared to change my routine, and I’m sure lots of people are the same. I’m scared in case it makes us uncomfortable. But I’ve been working on changing this, and I wanted to invite you along with me. Here are a few tips on leaving the comfort behind and experiencing new things
Ever go to a restaurant and order the same thing? Next time you head out for a bite to eat, either try going somewhere different or ordering a meal you wouldn’t normally go for. If this is a little daunting, ask a friend if you can try some of their food so you can order it next time. The key is small changes; changing what you eat can be the start of wanting to change up all sorts of aspect of your life.
Speak to your friends and explain that you’re wanting to do something different with your time, or that you want to find a new past time that you can all do together. They will help you and support you with this new adventure. Try out paint-balling for example, or plan a camping trip together. Anything that involves other people, so you can share the support.
Reviews, blog posts and articles can do a lot for your confidence. If someone has written about their trip alone to Copenhagen for a weekend and they said it was the best thing that they ever did, who’s to say it won’t be the same for you? Perhaps you could even contact the person who wrote the article and explain that you’re wanting to get out of your comfort zone and whether they’ll have any tips for you. The more reliable information you find out about a place or experience, the less likely it will be put you off trying it yourself.
Surround yourself with positivity and you will be begin to feel confidence in your actions. Doing something small that is different, like trying the new coffee at Starbucks or walking a different route to work, will slowly make you see that there is more to life than a routine. There is very little that can go wrong as long as you create the measures to be safe in your bigger, future ventures.
Comfort zones are simply routines that you are afraid to change. You may think that the change could result in bad experiences but you have no control over that. What you do have control over is how you will deal with your future. And if you don’t make decisions on what may be the greatest experiences of your life, well then you’ll never know.
Have you ever thought about doing something different? If so, what is it?

You Might Also Like

16 Comments

CREATIVE KHADIJA
    June 27, 2016 at 10:42 am

Beautifully written article, The best thing is being optimistic. Always stay positive if you want to live a happy life 🙂
    Thank you!

Carrie Hardy
    June 27, 2016 at 10:54 am

Great article! I can totally relate, but am starting to try to get outside my comfort zone a little as an example for my kids. Great idea to try a new meal at a restaurant – I am going to do that tonight!!

lisax31
    June 27, 2016 at 10:55 am

Some great ideas here! It's too easy to get stuck in a rut. I'm guilty of going to the same restaurants and ordering the same dishes – time for a change!

Bethany Ashley
    June 27, 2016 at 10:59 am

Thank you so much! It really is the best thing.

Bethany Ashley
    June 27, 2016 at 11:00 am

It's advice that I give but if I'm being truthful I don't take it very often – I'm really bad for ordering the same food every single time I go out but I'm trying to change that. Good luck!

Bethany Ashley
    June 27, 2016 at 11:01 am

We can change together! I've vowed to order something completely different next time I go out!

Angela Philemon
    June 27, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Great article. There are some great ideas to catch <3

Taylor Mobley
    June 27, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Love this. You have some awesome ideas. Being positive is the most important part.

Kasee Erickson
    June 27, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I loved reading this! I have anxiety and find myself stagnant often, so this was super inspiring!

Taria S. Faison
    June 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Thank you for this! I know this may sound funny… I am willing to go outside of the box on pretty much EVERYTHINGin my life….except food! It literally makes me nervous to try new foods! That will be a challenge!

Bethany Ashley
    June 28, 2016 at 12:54 am

Thank you! <3

Bethany Ashley
    June 28, 2016 at 12:54 am

I agree!

Bethany Ashley
    June 28, 2016 at 12:55 am

I have anxiety too and it's quite the battle to get out of your comfort zone. I'm glad you found it inspiring!

Bethany Ashley
    June 28, 2016 at 12:56 am

It can be a scary thing to try new food, especially if we're spending quite a bit of money on it! I've never tried any kind of fish or seafood, and I couldn't tell you how many times I've bought salmon ready to try it and still wimped out and gave it away!

Unknown
    June 28, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I was always the type to do the same thing and eat the same stuff. It wasn't until recently that I decided to change that up. I go to restaurants and try new things all the time and I love it so much. Couldn't imagine going back to the way I was before. I totally agree with that one and think you hit it on the nail!

Danielle | http://www.followmygut.com

Bethany Ashley
    June 29, 2016 at 11:43 am

Thank you for commenting! I like to hope I will be in the same position sometime soon!